KNOP News Reporter/MMJ
July 10, 2020
KNOP-TV is looking for a driven journalist for the role of general assignment news reporter in our main North Platte newsroom. You will be an integral part of the top news team in the area, bringing unique local stories, from enterprising ideas to telling polished, effective stories live on-air. You will operate as an MMJ, responsible for finding, shooting, writing, and editing your stories from start to finish.
- Enterprise story ideas that matter to viewers in the local area
- Execute all aspects of storytelling, scheduling shoots and interviews, shooting video, writing scripts, editing, and going live as needed
- Be a multi-platform storyteller, with regular posts to social media and the station’s website and news apps
- Meet tight daily deadlines
- Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news
- A consistent track record of meeting deadlines
- Ability to shoot and edit video, and effectively communicate live on-air
- Flexibility in scheduling, to respond to the changing news landscape
- A four-year degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Familiarity with iNews, Avid, TVU, Clickability, Sony ENG, Social Media a plus
Please apply online at: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Or submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
KOLN KNOP TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company requiring pre-employment drug and background testing. KNOP/Gray Television participates in E-Verify. EOE
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.