KNOP-TV, the NBC affiliate in North Platte, NE, seeks a news leader who’s ready for the challenge of leading one of the highest-rated news stations in the country. The experienced candidate will lead the development of news content on television, OTT, mobile, and various other platforms. Most importantly, the candidate must aspire to lead a wonderful team of journalists, including veterans and those just starting out, to serve the local community with a continued tradition of excellence.
- Manage of editorial flow, assigning MMJs for daily coverage
- Supervise and schedule personnel
- Hire and supervise training of news staff
- Review content on all platforms for journalistic balance
- Participate with station staff in the development of local issue and event coverage plans
- Work closely with the staff to distribute content on all platforms
- Be ready to fill-in for critical positions as needed
- A successful track record utilizing multi-media digital assets maximizing how news is covered and distributed
- A passion for production and storytelling, combined with an unwavering commitment to journalistic ethics and standards
- A community-minded spirit and vision to expand the station’s outreach and impact
Please apply online at: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Or submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
KOLN KNOP TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company requiring pre-employment drug and background testing. KNOP/Gray Television participates in E-Verify. EOE
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.