KLKN in Lincoln, Nebraska is looking for an investigative journalist to help strengthen the 8 Investigates Team. This is not an entry level position.
Lincoln is a vibrant community known for its low cost of living and high quality of life. READ: You can absolutely afford to live here and have fun.
From the Haymarket District and its eclectic spirit right next to the University, to the 131 miles of hiking/biking trails through town, to tree lined neighborhoods where neighbors are like family, there is something for everyone.
If you are a hard worker who’s curious, innovative, and relentless in getting the story, you will fit right in. Investigative knowledge with a strong desire to learn more required. You must have an insatiable desire to win breaking news day-of and all the follow up stories. You should be able to multi-task and thrive under pressure, while still having opportunities to dig deeper into certain stories and produce special reports as needed.
If you want dig deeper, we’ll teach you. If you want to research a story, we’ll give you the time. If you have an idea, we’ll listen.
On an average day you will…
- Enterprise story ideas
- FOIA something
- Shoot video and interviews using good video and audio practices.
- Produce stories for television, digital and social.
- Edit video (experience with Premiere would be great)
- Interact with members of the community in person and on social media
- Shoot your own live shot using backpack and cellular technology
- Post to social media accounts for station
- Contribute to special projects and station initiatives
- Be a team player and build up the rest of the team as you can and ask for help when needed
The job comes with generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401K, etc. Vacation, paid holidays and paid time-off. Exceptional growth opportunities
Serious journalists only should email Jennifer Hardy, firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to send a reel with your recent work and showcase any investigative work you’ve done.
Standard Media Group LLC (SMG) is a broadcast and digital media company committed to delivering local news and information on multiple platforms to communities across the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.