KNOP-TV, the NBC affiliate in North Platte, NE, is looking for a meteorologist for our morning and midday newscasts. We’re looking for someone who knows how to connect with our viewers in fresh, new ways. This includes producing and anchoring weather casts, severe weather coverage, webcasts, working in a multi-platform environment and contributing daily to our digital platforms. The successful candidate should embrace weather and know how to use creative graphics to tell weather stories in every weathercast. The person we hire must have a positive attitude and be an ambassador for the station by making personal appearances at community events.
• Produce and Present weather information on-air in morning and mid-day newscasts
• Provide comprehensive weather coverage during severe weather events
•Produce content for the station’s web page and social media outlets
• AMS and/or NWA Certified preferred
• Familiar with WSI services
• A degree in meteorology, climatology or atmospheric science is preferred;
• Must have skills in the operation of computerized weather presentation systems, especially WSI
• Candidates must be professional, personable and confident.
• Candidates must also enjoy being involved in community service projects.
Please apply online at: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Or submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
KOLN KNOP TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company requiring pre-employment drug and background testing. KNOP/Gray Television participates in E-Verify. EOE
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.