KNOP-TV is looking for a driven journalist for the role of general assignment news reporter in our main North Platte newsroom. You will be an integral part of the top news team in the area, bringing unique local stories, from enterprising ideas to telling polished, effective stories live on-air. You will operate as an MMJ, responsible for finding, shooting, writing, and editing your stories from start to finish.
• Select and produce stories that matter to viewers in the local area, and help them prepare for their day
• Write scripts, build graphics, and edit video that helps you tell a complete and effective story
• Work with the local meteorologist to cover the day’s top news and weather stories
• Anchor the two-hour morning show
• Monitor and post to digital platforms as news develops throughout the morning
• Meet tight daily deadlines
• Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news
• A consistent track record of meeting deadlines
• Familiar with producing and video editing
• Effective live on-air communicator
• A four-year degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Familiarity with iNews, Avid, TVU, Clickability, Sony ENG, Social Media a plus
KNOP-TV has some of the highest news ratings of any station in the country, and a proud tradition of journalism that goes back more than 60 years. It is a powerful local voice, highlighting the strong community spirit in the region, and serving as an advocate and voice for those who need to be heard. The newscast production plays well above the market size with automation, robotic cameras, and cutting-edge graphics, in support of an award-winning staff.
North Platte, Nebraska, is placed perfectly between Denver and Omaha. A rich history with covered wagons and Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Shows, tourists make this a destination to experience a step back into those western days and to have leisurely getaways to the white sand beaches of Lake McConaughy or experience local hiking and biking trails.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Company Name’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.