KMTV 3 News Now Morning Anchor
KMTV, the CBS affiliate in Omaha, NE, is looking for an Anchor/Reporter for its top-rated weekday morning newscast.
OUR TEAM: We have hikers, rock climbers, mountain bikers, kayakers, runners, skiers, surfers, gamers, musicians, actors, swimmers and every other mixture of diversity you can think of – we are a community of welcoming, mission-focused and lively people that continue to grow as we grow our company and rise to our full potential in every aspect of our business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Anchor live newscasts.
- Fill in Anchor on other newscasts as needed.
- Report live on location from various news events.
- Research, gather, and write news content for multiple platforms.
- Partner with newsroom employees to develop engaging, accurate, and ethical newscasts.
- Organize and set up interviews and video shoots.
- Take part in station and community service events and activities.
- Consistently connect and engage viewers via social media.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field preferred.
- 2+ years related experience, preferably in anchoring/reporting.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record as well as proof of insurance and liability coverage (may be required to drive personal or company vehicle to assignments).
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Excellent communication competencies, both verbal and written.
- Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems.
- Knowledge of local, regional, and national news.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Proficiency posting content to various social media platforms.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.