KMTV 3 News Now Morning Anchor
KMTV 3 News Now is recruiting a morning anchor to join our team. The morning anchor will be responsible for preparing and delivering accurate news reports for the morning newscast and field reporting duties.
• Co-anchor the morning newscast, Monday through Friday.
• Gather and write news content for multiple platforms, including posting stories across all our platforms.
• Produce and report daily news stories. Report live on location from various news events.
• Research and develop news stories.
• Perform various community service activities for station, including performing as master of ceremonies for public service events and as host/hostess for station events.
• Periodically required to drive personal or company vehicle to cover various assignments.
• Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience.
• Minimum of 2-4 years of experience of anchoring experience.
Skills & Abilities:
• Must connect on camera with a sense of urgency.
• Must be able to speak clearly and concisely.
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
• Proficient at posting content to various websites.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
• Able to design and build a newscast.
Apply here: http://www.scripps.com/careers
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.