KMTV 3 News Now Meteorologist/Traffic MMJ
The E.W. Scripps news station 3KMTV News Now Omaha is hiring a weekday morning Meteorologist/ Traffic MMJ. This person will be responsible for preparing and delivering accurate weather reports for the morning newscasts!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Prepare and deliver daily traffic reports utilizing all available traffic data and graphics computers
- Prepare and deliver urgent weather updates interrupting regular programming as necessary
- Prepare and deliver all weathercast materials over a variety of mediums, including, but not limited to: TV, Internet,
- Assist management in evaluations of potential new weather data gathering and presentation computers
- Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas
- Report live from event sites or mobile broadcast unit.
- Write and produce quality news stories for multiple media platforms.
- Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
- Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelors degree in Meteorology or related degree.
- 2 or more years of weather experience.
- Computer literacy required, including weather and newsroom computer systems.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar editing equipment.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing social media
- Proficient at posting content to various websites.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Valid driver’s license, driving record in compliance with station policy, and proof of insurability (liability limits of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident/$50,000 property as defined by station policy).
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. Scripps’ national networks reach nearly every American through the news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.