Details: Hearst Television’s KETV, Omaha Nebraska’s News Leader, has an immediate opening for a broadcast meteorologist to join our award-winning Weather Now Storm Team.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Hearst Television group in an area of the country where the weather makes news every day. Our Storm Team has led Omaha coverage through historic floods, record-breaking blizzards, and extended tornado events.
At KETV, you would be part of a team of veteran meteorologists and equipped with the best tools, including KETV’s live, dual-pol radar system. Plus, you’ll work in historic 7 Burlington Station, the KETV Studio facility in downtown Omaha.
This is not an entry level position. The winning candidate will have a passion for the science of meteorology and the ability to relate the day’s weather story in a concise, understandable and engaging fashion.
You must be an accurate forecaster who’s eager to convey information on-air, and through social media channels. The winning candidate must be relatable to the viewer, calm and authoritative when severe weather threatens.
You also will be asked to report weather-related stories on occasion.
• Weather forecasting experience and a solid background in the science of meteorology
• The ability to produce and perform an engaging, understandable weather cast
• Eagerness to embrace technology, including the production of new graphics and learning how to operate a live, dual-pol radar system
• The ability to report live from remote locations, covering both weather and news events which may be unrelated to weather
• A journalistic background and the ability to write news stories for television and digital platforms
• Previous on-air experience, and a proven record of delivering breaking weather information
• Knowledge of the WSI graphics system
Military training and experience will be considered. Bilingual skills are a plus.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology or related field
• CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 8/25/2021
Closing Date: 9/24/2021
City: Omaha – 68108
Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER