Who Are We?
We are one of the largest news operations in Nebraska, Flood Communications delivers hyper-local news and high-quality programming to radio, TV and digital audiences across the state, reaching more than 500,000 homes and 200,000 social media followers. Its stations include: News Channel Nebraska, Telemundo Nebraska and ten radio stations. News Channel Nebraska is the only in-state, independent television network of its kind in America. Telemundo Nebraska is the state’s first network affiliate to deliver live, local Spanish news to Nebraska’s nearly 250,000 Hispanic residents. Flood Communications connects communities across the state by covering important events, supporting worthy causes, and continuing to look ahead, envisioning the future of communications and the media.
The Role: Full Time Master Control Television Operator
Salary: TBD Based on Experience
Location: Norfolk NE
This hire is responsible for operating automated master control playlists, network operation, transmission, satellite, and video streaming equipment.
- Performs scheduled switching operations for New Channel Nebraska’s Media Control and/or Network Operations Center as logged, using automated playlists and manual processes.
- Performs video server, videotape, and optical disc operations; records and plays programming for all NCN’s broadcast television, cable, Video-On-Demand, and streaming services.
- Uses remote control software to operate statewide Digital TV, FM and HD radio transmitters and translators. Performs on-going system measurements for NCN using multiple devices.
- Monitor and control all auxiliary services, including but not limited to: Closed Captioning and Radio Talking Book.
- Responsible for control of the statewide Emergency Alert System and AMBER alerts.
- Other duties include satellite uplinks and coordination with the Public Broadcasting Service on their Diverse, Disaster and Maintenance System.
REQUIREMENTS: At least 1 years’ experience in broadcast electronics, television production, switching master control or advanced schooling in a related field. Broadcast operations; electronic test equipment; high definition, standard definition and analog television signals, and be computer literate; FCC policies, rules and regulations; operation of a variety of monitoring and test equipment including video servers; television automation playlists, videotape machines; broadcast switching operations; and internet streaming equipment. Knowledge of Internet Protocol networking desired.
Qualified Candidates please email Cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: Flood Digital Networks (Flood Communications LLC) along with all its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women encouraged to apply.