Local News Live Host
August 19, 2020
Maximum Application Deadline: September 30, 2020
Applicants will be notified of Position Closing.
Local News Live, a division of Gray Media Group, Inc. based in Omaha, NE is seeking standout breaking news hosts/presenters who think on their feet, thrive on what’s happening in the moment and embrace a startup culture. Local News Live highlights and showcases local news of a national interest from areas often overlooked by other national news outlets. We provide a voice from communities spanning the U.S., from Maine to Hawaii and from Alaska to Florida. Local News Live is distributed in more than 100 distinct markets through Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV and all Gray Television news websites and apps.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Host breaking news coverage originating from Gray newsrooms and other resources
- Present stories with solid vocal delivery, clarity and clear enunciation
- Present stories calmly and clearly in a live, ever-changing environment
- Collaborate with producers to develop and deliver compelling news coverage
- Collaborate with local Gray newsrooms to build programming plan during shift
- Process constantly changing information for presentation in a non-scripted live environment
- Assist producers with news-gathering and procuring resources
- Five or more years of experience in television or digital news video required
- BS/BA in journalism, communications or related field preferred
- Ability to relate local news story relevance to wider audiences
- Experience working in a longform live production environment preferred
- Sound editorial judgment and AP style writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to host compelling live programming
- Comfortable hosting live programming segments in hours-long segments
- Ability to think on your feet and process complicated changing information into a coherent presentation
- Familiarity with ENPS, BitCentral and digital content management systems
Apply Online at: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY MEDIA GROUP, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.