Local News Live Executive Producer
August 19, 2020
Maximum Application Deadline: September 30, 2020
Applicants will be notified of Position Closing.
The Local News Live Executive Producer will be based in Omaha, NE and will lead a team of producers and hosts to develop, facilitate and program live news content 7 days a week to be distributed across Gray’s network of apps and websites. Local News Live highlights and showcases local news of a national interest from areas often overlooked by other national news outlets. We provide a voice from communities spanning the U.S., from Maine to Hawaii and from Alaska to Florida. Local News Live is distributed in more than 100 distinct markets through Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV and all Gray Television news websites and apps.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify the strongest local content for distribution across Gray OTT, news apps and websites for real-time distribution
- Lead a team of producers and hosts creating and leveraging content from across Gray’s footprint
- Serve as primary liaison between Gray local newsrooms and the Local News Live team
- Develop and oversee content grid for non-live programming periods
- Ensure editorial quality control across all dayparts
- Assist with on-camera segments
- Coach, develop and review job performance of producers and hosts
- Oversee schedules for producers and hosts
- Five or more years of experience in television or digital news video required
- BS/BA in journalism, communications or related field preferred
- Ability to explain why local news stories are relevant to wider audiences
- Experience working in a longform live production environment preferred
- Sound editorial judgment and AP style writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to launch and lead projects
- Ability to troubleshoot and improvise
- Familiarity with ENPS, BitCentral and digital content management systems
- Ability to manage/coach team members
- Comfortable leading and executing in a control room setting
Apply Online at: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY MEDIA GROUP, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.