Position/Title: General Sales Manager
Details: The General Sales Manager is a senior level leader who will report to the market’s Vice President & General Manager and will be responsible for all sales related revenue streams for our two stations in Omaha, Nebraska – KPTM FOX42 and CW Omaha.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/15/2021
Closing Date: 11/14/2021
Requirements: The General Sales Manager is a senior level leader who will report to the market’s Vice President & General Manager and will be responsible for all sales related revenue streams for our two stations in Omaha, Nebraska – KPTM FOX42 and CW Omaha. This position requires an individual who possesses strong leadership skills who can direct a sales management team in managing and creating revenue streams through a multi-screen integrated approach. The candidate must have a successful track record in sales management, staff recruitment and developmental skills as well as excellent leadership capabilities.
In this position you will:
• Develop a high performing sales team that meets or exceeds revenue goals by driving client results through creative marketing solutions including continued recruitment, training, and retention of staff
• Build and execute sales strategies, plans and alignment in support of revenue goals
• Achieve client results, satisfaction and retention. Effectively manage sales operations including inventory, Wide Orbit, Operative One, SELL, and Cognos
• Ability to bundle’ linear TV and Digital assets for our customers
• Develop close relationships with clients alongside Marketing Consultants
• Meet and exceed budgeted financial goals while growing revenue share, with a holistic approach to finding revenue outside of the traditional areas
• Have an ability to recruit and retain the best talent available
• Train, manage, and motivate all sales personnel and sales management to perform at the highest level
• Lead sales promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources
• Manage and control sales revenue by pricing our products competitively
• Work with the promotions department to create station initiatives that form partnerships in the community and generate revenue
• Prepare revenue budgets and manages department expenses
• Additional responsibilities will include forecasting, political and FCC responsibilities
• Excellent inventory management is essential, and familiarity with Operative One and Wide Orbit is a plus!
• 7-10 years experience in TV sales management
• Hands on linear advertising sales and operational background is a must
• Degree in a related field preferred
• Strong understanding of Digital platforms assets
• Ability to meet revenue budgets via digital interactive and other approaches
• Positive leadership skills
• Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Operative One and Wide Orbit is preferred
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Us: Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team: The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
Contact: Sinclair Broadcast Group
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER