KMTV 3 News Now Director of Engineering
KMTV, the Scripps CBS station in Omaha, NE is seeking a Director of Engineering to join the team! As a Director of Engineering you’ll assist with design, specifications, documentation, oversight and installation of all systems and equipment for multiple stations. Develop and maintain thorough understanding of existing facilities and work toward making units safer, cohesive and responsive to departments within station environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Effectively manage the planning, design, installation and repair of all television, mobile and internet systems and equipment.
- Evaluate and maintain the spectrum and broadband usage of the facility.
- Motivate and manage a staff of professional maintenance engineers, operators and IT technicians.
- Coordinate projects; manage the scheduling of personnel; and plan, design and document on-going and future television and online systems.
- Work with related departments; in the determination of current and future studio and transmission needs; in the preparation and tracking of capital, expense, repair and maintenance budgets; in the evaluation of equipment prior to purchase.
- Communicate professionally with individuals and groups within and outside of the station. Communicate on a frequent basis with all other departments.
- Maintain good personnel labor relations. Identify training needs, motivate and develop staff to meet the on-going and future technological needs of the station.
- Keep the station compliant with the FCC Rules and Regulations, as well as related local, state and federal regulations. Work with Corporate personnel in particular areas of common interest.
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by the General Manager and Sr Dir, Engineering.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- An associate degree in electrical or electronic engineering from an accredited institution is preferred.
- A BSEE degree is advantageous.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Must have an understanding of electronic, electrical, mechanical and information systems.
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. Scripps’ national networks reach nearly every American through the news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.