Position/Title: Digital Media Manager
Details: KETV, Hearst Televisions ABC affiliate in Omaha, NE has an immediate opening for a Digital Media Manager to oversee content of the television website, social media platforms, and their relationship with the television newscasts.
Omahas News Leader seeks an experienced, multi-platform journalist skilled at developing and executing digital strategies and multimedia initiatives to build engagement on KETVs website and social media platforms.
The Digital Media Manager produces content daily, manages and directs all digital content efforts, and works as part of the KETV newsroom. The DMM also works with creative services and sales on projects and initiatives.
As DMM, you’ll be part of the leading news organization in Omaha, Nebraska, and in the heart of the news-gathering operation. You will be responsible for producing dynamic and interesting content on all digital platforms and for leading a team of digital journalists to deliver breaking news, feature, and in-depth content. The right candidate for this post must work quickly and efficiently and have the ability to work with other team members to assign responsibilities and hold them to expectations and goals.
• Produce and oversee content on the website, including daily writing and video editing.
• Oversee digital producer, and assign duties to newsroom personnel as needed
• Develop strategies to expand engagement with KETV digital assets.
• Develop unique content and project ideas in conjunction with KETV news leadership
• Develop and deliver urgent, real-time strategies to news content.
• Develop content during breaking news, and coordinates digital coverage
• An active role in daily newsroom editorial meetings, and establish expectations for daily digital coverage
• Work with news management to develop strategies and projects
• Participate in weekly marketing meetings
• Coordinate and train newsroom staffers on best practices for digital news reporting
• Leverage social media platforms and use analytics to maximum engagement in real time.
• Work with creative services to identify opportunities for marketing tactics
• Work as part of the Hearst digital team to identify content of wide interest
• Two years of experience as an editor, writing and producing content for a news website
• Equivalent military experience will be considered
• Must have a working knowledge of digital technology and video editing
• Ability to get along with diverse working groups.
• Strong management skills
• Understanding of libel and other legal issues
• Bachelors Degree in multimedia journalism, journalism, broadcast journalism or a related field. Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with related experience will be considered
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 5/24/2021
Closing Date: 6/23/2021
City: Omaha – 68108
Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER