Digital Content Producer
November 25, 2020
Maximum Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
Applicants will be notified of Position Closing.
The Producer’s role is to grow our audience and inform and entertain them every day. They should keep up with the ever-changing nature of social media and always be ready to come up with a new idea or try out the latest tools.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing for all WOWT platforms, on-air (tickers), website, social media, mobile platforms.
- Create unique and arresting content that makes WOWT stand out on social media.
- Keep our followers engaged, informed and entertained
- Manage social media output across all channels, delivering a regular flow of posts every day.
- Grow WOWT’s audience, and help news personalities grow in key social media channels.
- Drive traffic to the WOWT website.
- Keep all WOWT teams informed about the field by sharing knowledge of new social media developments.
- Be internally and externally recognized as an ambassador for WOWT.com
- Be an authority on the WOWT brand and competitors.
- Ensure that the brand standards are met across all platforms.
- Assist reporters, anchors, and other news staff in generating content for social media
- Work with the News Producers to integrate content from social media into on-air content.
- Create polls and/or any other suitable features, to support wider editorial content
- Generate ideas that will inspire our users to contribute content for use in digital and print features.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends.
- Generate ideas that will inspire our users to contribute content for use in digital and print features
- Creative and accurate writing
- Champion of spelling and grammar
- Must be tech savvy
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism or related field
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years’ experience
Please apply online at https://www.gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge