NRG Media in Omaha has an immediate opening for a Business Manager to provide support to the Market Manager and seven radio stations, and lead all financial operations and human resource administration functions in the market. The Business Manager should be an experienced, detail-oriented business professional with a solid understanding of financial management and excellent back office and computer skills who also enjoys working with people. The Business Manager will be responsible for overseeing and providing backup to traffic administrators as well.
The ideal candidate communicates well with others, thrives in a busy environment, and excels at all aspects of business administration.
- Direct responsibility for financial reporting, budgeting, and general daily, monthly and annual accounting functions of the stations including collections;
- Work with the Market Manager, sales and programming teams and corporate staff;
- Manage front office, supervise office and traffic staff;
- Contract administration;
- Coordinate local human resources administration including recruitment, employee relations, payroll and personnel record keeping.
- Traffic duties may involve data entry of contracts, commercial material, and instructions, inventory management, customer service for client questions, and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent from four-year college, finance, accounting, and business majors preferred
- 3-5 years of related experience with monthly accounting processes and human resource administration, including payroll processing
- Experience in radio traffic using Marketron systems would be helpful
- Experience with Great Plains software would be helpful
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent software and analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and Word
- Knowledge of revenue management principle and practices
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and meet details
NRG Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click the link below to apply
NRG Media is dedicated to providing Great Local Radio and committed to being an active and integral part of the communities in which it serves. NRG Media has 38 radio stations throughout the Midwest in Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Illinois. The company is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and led by President/CEO Mary Quass.