Position/Title: Business Manager
Details: Our team is seeking a Business Manager to join the team to lead and supervise practices to encourage daily and long-term accountability in the name of compliance.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 1/13/2022
Closing Date: 3/14/2022
Requirements: Are you a ‘stickler’ for balance? We think that’s great! In fact, that is what we value most about you – we are looking for someone who holds the team accountable down to the very last penny. If you are someone who knows the value of documentation when it comes to approval processes and budget spends, then this Accounting Manager position might be the position for you! The Business Manager position duties are ruled by Company ‘best practices’ and Federal compliance procedures.
While no day is the same, a day in the life of a Business Manager might look like this:
• Assist leadership with routine financial reporting
• Complete general accounting functions on behalf of the location/station
• Be the subject matter expert and location/station resource for accounting matters: like Sarbanes-Oxley, Company ‘best practices,’ and GAAP reporting guidelines.
• Provide supplemental Human Resource support for the following HR matters as it relates to the Accounting department: e.g., recruitment initiatives, hiring, employee relations, benefit & leave administration, personnel records, and the related Company ‘best practices.’
• Process (& occasionally problem-solve) the teams’ biweekly payroll
• Advise and strategize with team leaders at the location/station to ensure everyone is within budget
• Provide support as requested by the regional controller
We think it would be great if your background looked something like this:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field(s) – e.g., accounting, finance, economics, and/or business
• On the job experience with HR tasks including payroll and/or General Ledger (GL) related duties
• Advanced in excel – i.e., you consider yourself fluent in VLOOKUP, functions, conditional formatting, pivot tables/charts, formulas, and you might even dabble with VBA & Macros
• Previous experience working with a range of experience levels (i.e., you might have worked across a few departments to complete a project, or two…)
• Previous experience in a role charged with the responsibility of accounting, payroll, personnel & employment matters, and
• Past experience that supports your understanding of the importance of confidentiality in accounting and HR related matters
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (e.g., Oracle, SAP)
• Experience in the broadcast industry is a plus!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Contact: Sinclair Broadcast Group
Apply Online URL: