KOLN Broadcast I.T. Engineer
September 15, 2021
KOLN, a Gray Television owned CBS-affiliate in Lincoln, NE is seeking a Broadcast I.T. Engineer. The Broadcast I.T. Engineer will support all programming and post-production at KOLN. The engineer will perform quality control measurements to ensure proper video and audio quality is maintained for broadcast and assist local production teams as needed. Duties will include troubleshooting, maintaining, installing studio and editing and IT equipment and working with Transmitter equipment. The Broadcast Engineer interacts daily with News and Production staff and will be required to follow all KOLN/GRAY and FCC standards and guidelines. Join our team now and experience a once-in-a-career-type opportunity. KOLN/KGIN TV in Lincoln Nebraska is the Broadcast Hub for News and Programming stations in Lincoln, Hastings, Grand Island and North Platte, and operates local Network affiliates for CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, METV and more. KOLN is a modern facility equipped with state-of-the-art technology, and with our leading broadcast news we provide award winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. Lincoln is a growing, vibrant city with much to do and see around town and rated nationally as one of the best places to live for quality of life.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Design, Maintain and Install Computer systems and networks
- Work with engineers to implement and maintain “crossover” computer systems to Audio/Video Systems
- Maintain equipment and support users for On Air and Live Production automation systems
- Responsible for keeping software licensing up to date and installed on systems
- Design implement and Maintain computer / network security policies
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist engineering in their everyday duties as a broadcast facility – Maintain Video Servers and editing systems – Work flexible hours when needed – Help maintain trouble ticket system as required to support all Departments, including News, Production, Control Rooms and Sales team members.
- Associate Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent, 2-3 years of professional or broadcast experience. Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high pressure situations.
- 2 Years’ experience with Windows operating systems, e-mail systems, FTP Servers and TCP/IP
- Commanding a knowledge of professional video photography equipment and techniques
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations
- Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits
- Transmitter or RF experience is preferred
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
KOLN/KGIN TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company and requires pre-employment drug, MVR and background testing. EOE
Gray Television Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap or marital status. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, D.C. 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies.