KOLN Broadcast Engineer
July 2, 2020
KOLN, a Gray Television owned CBS-affiliate in Lincoln, NE is seeking a Broadcast Engineer. The Broadcast Engineer will support all programming and post-production at KOLN. The engineer will perform quality control measurements to ensure proper video and audio quality is maintained for broadcast and assist local production teams as needed. Duties will include troubleshooting, maintaining, installing studio and editing and IT equipment and working with Transmitter equipment. The Broadcast Engineer interacts daily with production staff and will be required to follow all KOLN/GRAY and FCC standards and guidelines. Join our team now and experience a once-in-a-career-type opportunity, as this engineer may play a key role in managing the rebuild of KOLN’s main television tower.
- Participate in all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems and transmission of live/taped events & programs
- Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
- Ensures all transmission equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts – corrects and documents technical problems and reports them to the managers
- Assist Chief Engineer in overseeing and implementing Engineering projects
- Must be able to insert and remove control room rack equipment weighing 25-50 pounds with the help of another employee
- Maintains building needs
- Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems
- Must be available to work during breaking news situations, severe weather, new system integrations and updates, and provide on-call services
- Must have a background / previous working experience in broadcast engineering
- Engineering or electronics degree or equivalent, 2-3 years of professional or broadcast experience. Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high pressure situations
- Commanding a knowledge of professional video photography equipment and techniques
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations
- Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits
Transmitter or RF experience is preferred
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
KOLN/KGIN TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company and requires pre-employment drug, MVR and background testing. EOE
Gray Television Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap or marital status. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, D.C. 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies.