E.W. Scripps is a premier media organization headquartered in Cincinnati, We are currently seeking a high- energy, multi-tasking Account Executive to join our Sales team at KMTV in Omaha. The successful candidate will be a broadcast experienced aggressive, break-out salesperson to manage an important list of accounts and develop new and online business for the station.
The Account Executive works under the direction of the Local Sales Manager to maintain and grow existing business/relationships with our key accounts. Identify and pursue ways to increase individual, client and company sales growth and retention in our full product portfolio. Professional with superior people skills, great attitude and work ethic. Is excited about the opportunity for developing relationships and acting as a strategic business partner for our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Increase market share from established account base with a focus on business
- Develop high value advertiser relationships and maintain a high level of advertiser satisfaction and
- Consult as a strategic business partner with customers offering a variety of advertising, marketing and audience sales
- Identify and pursue ways to increase individual, client and company
- Conduct needs assessment interviews with clients to develop customer driven audience
- Leverages product knowledge and business acuity to create effective solutions for key/large
- Negotiate large deals and contracts across the full offering of
- Develops layouts, writes ad copy and prepares sales
- Anticipate and address problems outside the normal scope of the job and offer
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct formal verbal and written sales
- Close business in the full product portfolio meeting or exceeding individual and or team
- Monitor competitive media, trends across markets or client industries and identifies opportunities to increase market
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting individual revenues
- Create reports on territory performance and strategic acquisition initiatives.
- Adheres to company policy and assigned standards of
- Other duties as assigned by
What You’ll Need
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and sales experience generating leads, cold calling, closing business and managing clients or comparable combination of education.
Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent listening skills.
- Ability to craft solutions quickly based on needs
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable sales environment
- Proven ability to sell multiple products, generate new business and increase market
- Strong ability to develop and manage a sales pipeline, generate referrals/leads and track/follow-up on
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and communication
- Must be able to work well under pressure of multiple deadlines and assignments.
- Must have a diligent work ethic and be
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics information to develop creative sales
- Must be able to use systematic thinking, the ability to persuade and exhibit effective closing skills.
- Present ability to negotiate large deals and close
- Ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and presentations.
- Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues and
- Must have the ability to calculate figures related to advertising rates, discounts, packages, ad sizes, commissions and
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and other software programs such as customer relations software
- Must be able to drive for company business and/or in a company
- Valid driver’s license, driving record in compliance with station policy, and certificate of insurability (liability limits of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident/$50,000 property as defined by station policy).
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.