Newsroom Webinar Series – Fighting Fakes and Truth Decay
January 4, 2022 @ 11:00 am
11 AM CST – Jan 4, 2022
Presented By: Poynter Institute
- Where does information come from and who is behind it?
- Why do people spread disinformation?
- How can you detect fake photos?
- What is metadata and what will it tell you?
- What does every journalist need to understand about algorithms?Webinar will be led by Al Tompkins, Senior Faculty at The Poynter Institute, which teaches in newsrooms including the largest broadcast networks and newspapers to the smallest markets in all 50 states, Canada, South Africa, Egypt, Japan and beyond.This webinar series was organized by the Alabama Broadcasters Association with assistance from the Michigan Association of Broadcasters. The Nebraska Broadcasters Association is one of more than 30 state broadcast associations across the country to offer these webinars to our members as another free member benefit.
Please contact Jim Timm at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.