Newsroom Webinar Series – Battling Bias
December 4 @ 11:00 am
11 AM CST – Dec 4
Presented By: Poynter Institute
- Where do our biases come from?
- How do we recognize our own biases?
- Eight kinds of biases that can influence our journalism (these don’t make you a bad person, they mean you are normal)
- How biases influence who is in and out of our coverage
- How you can find new voices that will give you new insights, even on deadline
Webinar will be led by Al Tompkins, Senior Faculty at The Poynter Institute, which teaches in newsrooms including the largest broadcast networks and newspapers to the smallest markets in all 50 states, Canada, South Africa, Egypt, Japan and beyond.
This webinar series was organized by the Alabama Broadcasters Association with assistance from the Michigan Association of Broadcasters. The Nebraska Broadcasters Association is one of more than 30 state broadcast associations across the country to offer these webinars to our members as another free member benefit.
Please contact Jim Timm at email@example.com to register.