Evening News Anchor
KNOP-TV is looking for a driven journalist for the role of evening anchor in our main North Platte newsroom. In this position, you will anchor the area’s dominant 6pm and 10pm weekday newscasts. You will also have producing and reporting duties as needed during the week.
• Anchor weekday 6pm and 10pm newscasts
• Write scripts, build graphics, and edit video that helps you tell a complete and effective story
• Report local news stories when needed, gathering video and sound, writing scripts, and editing a finished product.
• Work with the local meteorologist to cover the day’s top news and weather stories
• Monitor and post to digital platforms as news develops throughout the evening
• Meet tight daily deadlines
• Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news
• Protect and defend journalistic integrity of the news product
• A consistent track record of meeting deadlines
• Familiar with producing and reporting
• Effective live on-air communicator
• A four-year degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Familiarity with ENPS, Edius, TVU, Arc Publishing, Sony ENG, Social Media a plus
KNOP-TV has some of the highest news ratings of any station in the country, and a proud tradition of journalism that goes back more than 60 years. It is a powerful local voice, highlighting the strong community spirit in the region, and serving as an advocate and voice for those who need to be heard. The newscast production plays well above the market size with automation, robotic cameras, and cutting-edge graphics, in support of an award-winning staff.
North Platte, Nebraska, is placed perfectly between Denver and Omaha. A rich history with covered wagons and Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Shows, tourists make this a destination to experience a step back into those western days and to have leisurely getaways to the white sand beaches of Lake McConaughy or experience local hiking and biking trails.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation and other benefits and provide all the training and support you need to put you on the fast track to career growth. Realistic $50K to $60K first-year potential, plus fun contests and incentives along the way. Our top team members earn six figures annually.
At Gray Television (KOLN/KGIN, KSNB, KCWH and NSNB) we provide a fast-paced, exciting atmosphere, and we like to have fun. If you like to have fun at work, apply today!
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Only if you don’t have electronic access, please mail your resume to or complete an application at:
Attn: Human Resources
840 North 40th Street
Lincoln, NE 68503
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.