Standard Media has an opening for an Evening Anchor/Managing Editor based out of our newsroom in Lincoln, Neb. The ideal candidate is a natural leader and helps us win the big story of the day with a digital-first mindset.
Lincoln is a vibrant community known for its low cost of living and high quality of life. You can absolutely afford to live here and have fun. From the Haymarket District and its eclectic spirit right next to the University to the 131 miles of hiking/biking trails through town to tree-lined neighborhoods where neighbors are like family, there is something for everyone.
Email resume, reel with your recent work, and a cover letter to Steffani Nolte, email@example.com.
• Anchor evening newscasts
• Write, copy-edit and approve scripts
• Lead the team in ideas for the newscasts
• Coach producers and MMJs
• Create content for all digital platforms including the website, apps, and social media
• Pitch stories that have a right now impact
• Write stories for social media and our website
• Produce special reports as needed
• Create web-extra content
• Shoot, write, and edit packages as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
• A curious, innovative spirit
• Strong multi-tasking skills
• Thrive under pressure and deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field preferred
• Willingness to work various shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
You will receive…
• Competitive salary
• Generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401K, etc.
• Vacation, paid holidays, and paid time-off
• Exceptional growth opportunities
3240 S 10th St., Lincoln, NE 68502
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/11/2023
Closing Date: 12/11/2023
City: Lincoln – 68502