November 1, 2022
Maximum Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
Applicants will be notified of Position Closing.
The Digital Content Producer has the general responsibility for being an aggressive cross platform performer, committed to winning. The ideal candidate understands and can execute winning website/social strategies, is constantly evolving and searching for new digital ways to reach a news audience.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing for all WOWT platforms, on-air (tickers), website, social media, mobile platforms.
- Create unique and arresting content that makes WOWT stand out on social media.
- Keep our followers engaged, informed and entertained
- Manage social media output across all channels, delivering a regular flow of posts every day.
- Grow WOWT’s audience, and help news personalities grow in key social media channels.
- Drive traffic to the WOWT website.
- Keep all WOWT teams informed about the field by sharing knowledge of new social media developments.
- Be internally and externally recognized as an ambassador for WOWT.com
- Be an authority on the WOWT brand and competitors.
- Ensure that the brand standards are met across all platforms.
- Assist reporters, anchors, and other news staff in generating content for social media
- Work with the News Producers to integrate content from social media into on-air content.
- Create polls and/or any other suitable features, to support wider editorial content
- Generate ideas that will inspire our users to contribute content for use in digital and print features.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- At least three years’ experience as a news or website writer
- Creative and accurate writing
- Champion of spelling and grammar
- Must be tech savvy
Apply Online at: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
WOWT / Gray Television Group, Inc. participates in E-Verify, is a drug-free company and requires pre-employment drug testing. Also, if applicable to the position, MVR/Driver’s review and testing. EOE (All positions must show flexibility for evolving or changing operational needs. Hours, shifts, responsibilities, etc. are subject to change at management discretion.)Gray Television Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap or marital status. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, D.C. 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies.