10/11 NOW is looking for an excellent writer and social media superstar to join our news team as a Digital Content Producer. Apply online at gray.tv/careers.
• Work quickly to write developing stories and send out breaking news alerts, including push notifications and social media updates
• Livestream events using station technology for web, social and OTT platforms
• Write AP-style news stories daily for web including effective headlines
• Showcase news content on social media platforms by creating videos and graphics
• Identify and distribute statewide and national stories to other Gray-owned Nebraska websites and social pages
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, Communications, or equivalent training/experience strongly preferred
• Excellent writing and copy-editing abilities in adherence with AP style guidelines
• Excellent news judgment and commitment to ethical standards
• Solid understanding of social media and how to create content for multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok
• Familiarity with Arc cms publishing software, Social News Desk, ENPS a plus
Must have valid Drivers License with good driving record. Employment is contingent on successfully passing driving record check.
KOLN is the CBS affiliate in the Lincoln, Hastings, Kearney market. Located in the thriving capital city of Lincoln, the station is the area`s dominant news leader, with number one newscasts in every daypart. The 10/11 NOW news brand is well-known throughout the region as a trusted source for quality news, weather, and sports coverage.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Only if you don’t have electronic access, please mail your resume to or complete an application at:
Attn: Human Resources
840 North 40th Street
Lincoln, NE 68503
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.