NEBRASKA BROADCASTERS ASSOCIATION FOUNDATION
STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM (4-Year College/University)
In 2019, the Nebraska Broadcasters Association Foundation is offering two, $2,000 scholarships to assist students enrolled in broadcasting-related educational programs at four-year public or private colleges and universities. Students who meet our eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply for these scholarships. Completed applications and all related materials must be received by the NBA office no later than March 4, 2019.
- Four-year Colleges & Universities
Applicant must be on track to complete 60 credits as of May 31, 2019 and must be majoring in broadcasting, communications, or a related field at a four-year public or private college or university.
- Applicants must have a Nebraska connection in that they must have either graduated from a Nebraska high school OR be attending a Nebraska college or university.
- Applicants must be planning a career in radio or television broadcasting.
- Previous NBA scholarship winners are not eligible.
- All applicants must complete the NBA Foundation Scholarship Application Form.
- All applicants must submit the following materials:
- Completed application form;
- Copy of current official transcript of college/university grades;
- Two, one-page letters of recommendation supporting the application;
- An original essay written by the applicant, answering: "Given the impact of social media and its relatively low production cost, how would you redesign the broadcast radio and/or TV industry to remain both relevant to the audience and economically viable?"
- Essay must be typed (double-spaced) and not exceed three pages in length.
- All application materials must be received by March 4, 2019.
- Send completed application to:
- Jim Timm
- NBA Foundation
- 11414 West Center Rd., Suite 342
- Omaha, NE 68144