WOWT is looking for our next Chief Photographer. This position sets the standards for all news photographers to follow as far as the look, feel and creativity of the photography, which appears on the air. Is also a daily contributing member of the photo staff. Participates in the development and implementation of strategic news planning. Will assist in the purchase of photo equipment and supplies. Will also operate ENG vehicles and is responsible for arranging training on ENG for all news photographers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Posting stories on all WOWT platforms, on-air, website, social media, mobile platforms
- Microwave live truck operation
- Write, shoot and edit effective news topicals
- Recognize the importance of promoting the WOWT news product
- Drive traffic to the WOWT website
- Be an authority on the WOWT brand and competitors
- Ensure that the brand standards are met across all platforms
- May act as grip for other writer/producers during shoots, this would involve helping to stop equipment, teardown equipment, and loading of equipment from and into vans
- Purchasing photo supplies and equipment. Equipment upkeep.
- Overseeing implementation of news strategic plan as it pertains specifically to photographic style.
- Assisting in the interviewing and hiring of news photographers and videotape editors.
- Prior television photography experience required for this position would be a minimum of 5 years as a news photographer.
- Prefer a candidate with a four year journalism, communication or photography degree.
- Minimum education requirement is a high school diploma plus some post-secondary education
- Must have solid people skills and able to work individually or in a team environment when working with reporters and producers
- Ability to operate under constant deadline pressure
- Valid driver’s license and a clean MVR
- Ability to carry moderately heavy equipment on a daily basis (approx. 40 lbs)
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Maximum Application Deadline: Nov. 30, 2022
Applicants will be notified of Position Closing.