Position/Title: Broadcast Engineer
Details: KPTM/KXVO in Omaha, has an excellent career opportunity for a full-time Broadcast Engineer. The ideal candidate will be involved in the installation, troubleshooting and support of the infrastructure, and systems within the broadcast facility.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 4/8/2022
Closing Date: 6/7/2022
Requirements: KPTM/KXVO in Omaha, has an excellent career opportunity for a full-time Broadcast Engineer. The ideal candidate will be involved in the installation, troubleshooting and support of the infrastructure, and systems within the broadcast facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Installation, configuration, and daily maintenance/troubleshooting of broadcast and computer systems.
• Support the News Department by providing operational support before and during newscasts and during breaking news.
• Provide operational support for end-users; respond to help desk tickets and calls.
• Interface with third party vendors and support technicians.
• Lead, execute, and complete projects as directed by management.
• Adhere to Sinclair policies and best practices in a broadcast environment.
• All other duties as assigned.
• 3 years of experience in a broadcast environment.
• Possess strong engineering, IT/networking, and troubleshooting skills.
• Be willing to expand their knowledge with emerging broadcast industry concepts/technologies.
• Demonstrate excellence in documentation and system drawing.
• Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Be a self-starter and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and as a part of a diverse team.
• Demonstrate the ability to pivot and manage changing priorities and tight deadlines.
• A degree in a technical related field, appropriate certifications, and/or equivalent experience.
• This position requires 24 hour on-call including weekends and holidays.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
Contact: Sinclair Broadcast Group
Apply Online URL: