January 12, 2023
Maximum Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
Applicants will be notified of Position Closing.
Assists the Chief Engineer with installation, maintenance, or modification of studio broadcasting equipment, broadcast IT infrastructure, and transmitter site infrastructure in accordance with FCC compliance. Will also assist the Chief Engineer with implementing technology, both software and infrastructure, that supports company analog, digital and streaming operations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibit a good working knowledge of modern television station and Information Technology systems.
- Repairs, installs, and maintains all station equipment including, transmitters, studio equipment, remote equipment, telephones, and computers
- Document and maintain engineering and operational policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to multiple priorities and follow through until successful resolution.
- Requires excellent judgment and ability to effectively handle complex issues under pressure or during emergency situations.
- Procurement of equipment and supplies for the stations as approved by the Chief Engineer.
- Provides maintenance and support of computers, peripherals, and related systems
- Maintains network infrastructure and operating systems on multiple platforms.
- Support and management of VM, servers, switches, and their related hardware.
- Installs and performs maintenance on audio and video recording equipment, microphones, digital audio and video systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
- General knowledge of electrical systems, UPS, and standby generators, HVAC systems, record keeping and periodic maintenance.
- 5 years of experience in Television Broadcast Operations/Maintenance.
- 5 years of experience in IT related system.
- 3 years of managerial or supervisory experience preferred.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or other advanced technical or science degree
- Associates or technical degree in Electrical Engineering, Broadcasting Technology, electronics, computer systems or related fields.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.