KETV has an opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to organize, plan, manage, document and execute assignments within a demanding live broadcast environment. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, maintaining regulatory compliance, and assuring quality control of on-air product. This position involves supervisory roles.
• Directly manage and oversee broadcast IT engineers, which include Master Control Operators, and other technical staff.
• Effectively manage and motivate the department personnel to attain maximum focus to ensure smooth and efficient operations to produce the highest level of quality to the viewer.
• Deploy and train personnel in new and existing equipment/technology/procedures including the station???s broadcast automation system, live newscast production, and digital workflows.
• Exhibit a good working knowledge of television maintenance and IT systems, as well as FCC requirements and licensing.
• Document and maintain engineering and operational policies and procedures.
• Ability to adapt to multiple priorities and follow through until successful resolution.
• Requires excellent judgment and ability to effectively handle complex issues under pressure or during emergency situations.
• 5 years of experience in Television Broadcast Operations/Maintenance.
• 3 years of managerial or supervisory experience preferred.
• Computer literacy is mandatory.
• Attention to details is imperative.
• SBE certification a plus.
• Lifting 50 pounds, climbing ladders and other physical activity associated with equipment installation.
• Must have a current driver???s license.
• Operational knowledge and experience with functions.
• Knowledge of VizRT graphics a plus.
• Ability to learn specialized software applications.
• Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• SBE CPBE (or better) certification a plus.
• Military Broadcast Television Equipment Maintenance (BTVEM) course from Defense Information School (DINFOS) a plus.
• Military training and experience in electronics, avionics or related fields will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/12/2022
Closing Date: 11/11/2022
City: Omaha – 68108
Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER