Broadcast Careers: Scripps Radio, Omaha - Sales Manager
Sales Manager - Omaha Radio
The Sales Manager is responsible for leading and directing a radio station sales team, in collaboration with Sales Leadership Team.
- Create, manage, and achieve budgets and projects for station revenue in collaboration with General Manager. Set and adjust station rates to meet goals, based on supply and demand.
- Grow sales revenues by increasing market share for stations and developing new direct business.
- Develop and implement sales strategies through pricing policies, key and target account management, and inventory management.
- Work with all station departments to create and maximize events, NTR, and promotional and product opportunities.
- Identify and monitor sales trends locally, nationally and within our Sales team, and recommend action steps.
- Create a productive work environment leading employees through our mission, vision and values.
- Provide training, development, and positive leadership of Sales personnel to ensure success of individual and department goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement new business plans, sales projects, and strategic plans for sales.
- Establish local market value and position of the station(s).
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of competing stations and mediums. Maintain integrity in all business dealings.
- Supervise Account Managers, Sales Assistants and if necessary, Local Sales Manager.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach and lead effective sales talent in a culture based upon accountability and encouragement.
- Maximize results for multiple lines of business, including digital.
- Bachelor's degree in related field strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years media related sales and/or management experience required.
- Including customer focused selling experience preferred.
- Experience with both agency and local direct/retail clients.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and social interaction skills.
- Core competencies in leading a sales team by communicating a vision and values, strategic decision making, building partnerships internally and externally.
- Knowledge of broadcast industry related to inventory, ratings, research, marketing, demographics and digital media.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Tapscan, and learn new ones as needed.
- Ability to be flexible, handle stress and multiple tasks simultaneously, and build a results oriented, positive culture.
- Prioritize and meet strict deadlines, manage financial responsibilities and work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Driving required. Valid Driver's License, good driving record and ability to provide proof of insurability with company required insurance limits.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
If you are interested in launching your career with Scripps, please visit our website http://www.scripps.com/careers and apply for job #14598.