KETV-TV, the Hearst Television Station, an ABC Affiliate in Omaha, NE has an opening for an Executive Assistant. This position provides critical support to the President/General Manager of KETV and Business Manager. He or she will also assist additional Senior Management in a staff capacity, by performing confidential assignments, coordinating daily operations of the department, and handling administrative duties. Serves as the bridge of communication between the President’s Office and internal departments and the community. Demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management and staff.
- Serves as liaison in establishing and maintaining working relationships both internally and externally, including industry related boards and professional organizations; exercises confidentiality, resourcefulness, and creativity in responding to internal and external inquiries.
- Answers incoming calls; takes messages as needed; refers callers to other internal departments if appropriate. Addresses viewer concerns and problem-solves when needed.
- Handles administrative and business office correspondence; routes items to other appropriate persons as needed; independently responds to correspondence as appropriate.
- Assists in the processing of AP invoices, daily mail and records weekly absences for accurate attendance history. Learn various systems to pull daily, weekly, and monthly reports. Depending on the data collected more specific and specialized reports may need to be pulled as well.
- Maintains current list of contacts. Maintains current and historical confidential business files (hardcopy and electronic).
- Works with others on the FCC Public File and necessary reports.
- Makes travel and accommodation arrangements; prepares expense reports for reimbursement.
- Serves as back up support for all other assistants and receptionist.
- Completes projects and a variety of special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress; problem-solving, making adjustments to plans
- Coordinates all station meetings for equipment needs, staff notification and set up.
- Completes other duties as assigned for the President/General Manager and Business Manager.
- Three years’ experience providing support to c-level executive or senior officer or equivalent combination of related education including military experience.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle confidential and sensitive issues; proficient administrative skills to supporting executive level management.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail, which are critical competencies;
- Have organizational aptitude and expertise coupled with dedication;
- Possess strong grammar and writing skills;
- Work effectively and confidentially with a variety of people in a diverse workforce;
- Be adaptable to changing work requirements;
- Be able to multi-task;
- Possess a high degree of professional integrity;
- Demonstrate a strong client service orientation;
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with tight deadline;
- Be proficient with software applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Be eager to learn the broadcasting industry and prepare reports and evaluate data;
- Be a positive, enthusiastic contributor.