Shadows and supports Program Director in all aspects of radio stations’ on-air operations including: serving as back-up on-air talent, monitoring content, programming, production, and online presence; as well as minimal technical supervision of automation systems and transmitter sites.
• Assists the Director by coordinating with Programming and Sales to plan and execute marketing, promotions, events, and image campaigns.
• Monitors programming activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, maintains all NRG Media policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity, all other NRG Media corporate policies, and applicable federal, state and local laws.
• Informs Program Director of any issues that may warrant correction or resolution.
• Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Keeps up-to-date with relevant material appropriate for the station.
• Searches out and shares all possible web content with Program Director and Online Content Director of the given station.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Makes regular approved appearances at paid, and non-paid, station events.
• Is an ambassador for radio station when out in public; maintains a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients.
• May work flexible hours and weekends and be on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.