Broadcast Careers: Scripps TV & Radio, Omaha - Executive Assistant
This position performs advanced, diversified and confidential secretarial and administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices. Supports the work of the General Managers and their leadership teams.
- Monitor and maintain inventory and utilize company's procurement system to order supplies when needed, set up vendors in procurement system.
- Create and receive purchase orders and monitor their balances.
- Provide ongoing support to the Leadership Teams (correspondence, conferences, appointments, meetings, travel arrangements, etc.)
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of common areas
- Provide coordination and support for meetings, training sessions and special events
- Prepare complex business presentation documents and spreadsheets.
- Assist in special projects, performing research and maintaining records.
- Initiate and compose correspondence, based on the general knowledge of the manager's view, about administrative matters and general office policies for manager's approval.
- Answer and screen phone calls, providing information for both routine and complex inquiries, including front desk reception duties as needed.
- Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, coordinates related arrangements, and arranges for meeting rooms.
- Establish and maintain a variety of files and records.
- Assist sales team with pre-sales events, client appointments and order entry. Facilitate and process sales presentations.
- Communicate with advertising agencies and clients for make goods, preemptions, under delivery and day-to-day contact including sending station information to clients and national representatives.
- Correctly input client billing adjustments within the same month as dispute identified
- Attend sales training and planning meetings
- Provide exemplary customer assistance.
- Assistant account executives and clients with commercial time, make goods and changes
- Send station informaiton to clients and national reps
- Cross-train on all sales and traffic software applications as well as sales support positions.
- Handle general clerical functions including calculating rates to quote to customers.
- Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as needed.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- 2-5 years of administrative experience required
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and utilize a team player approach when serving both internal and external clients
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and resolve problems to achieve effective results
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office; PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to prioritize assignments, exercise sound judgment and follow-through with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently to complete tasks.
- Advanced knowledge of general office practice and business etiquette.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and to work under tight deadlines while providing consistent and professional service.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Above average knowledge of business correspondence composition.
- Accurate and efficient typing skills.
- Maintain complete confidentiality, possess a professional demeanor, and exercise discretion at all times.
- Standard office environment. Sedentary work
To apply: www.scripps.com/careers
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.