NRG Media is dedicated to providing Great Local Radio and is committed to being an active and integral part of the communities in which it serves. NRG Media consists of over 45 radio stations throughout the Midwest in Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Illinois. The company is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and led by President/CEO Mary Quass.
NRG Media’s five station group in Central Nebraska is looking for a Market Director of Sales. This person will lead the sales effort of not only our five terrestrial radio stations but their Streaming platforms and a myriad of other Digital assets plus live events including concerts, comedy shows, bridal events and much more. The right person for this rare opening will possess the talent to lead, motivate & direct our Account Executives and their activities in all these areas to reach our revenue goals. They should have proven track record of experience in maximizing a full complement of marketing inventory and multimedia solutions.
NRG Media’s stations in Central Nebraska include the four highest rated FM’s in the Grand Island/Kearney/Hastings Nielsen rated market. We also have the Metro’s highest rated AM station complete with FM Translator. NRG’s brands in Central Nebraska include…KRNY-FM (Y102) Country & KQKY-FM (Hits 106) CHR, KGFW-AM & FM News/Talk/Sports all in Kearney, NE. Plus our Metro cluster includes KROR-FM (Classic Rock 101.5) & KSYZ-FM (107.7 The Island) Adult Hits in Grand Island, NE. Our NRG Stations in Central Nebraska are members of the Radio Advertising Bureau and the Nebraska Broadcasters Association.
Manages sales activities of organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
• Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
• Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs.
• Manage rate structuring & inventory control.
• Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
• Coordinate with the Traffic Department on report formats and inventory.
• Represents company at trade association meetings/career fairs to promote stations.
• Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
• Forecast and project revenue – responsible for review of weekly pacing reports.
• Conducts sales staff meetings.
• Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
• Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
• Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
• Coordinates sales activities with other departments.
• May personally handle a select number of accounts.
• Monitors and evaluates the activities of the competition.
Directly supervises employees in the Sales Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
FLSA Status: Exempt