Broadcast Careers: KOHA TV, Omaha - Account Executive
Account Executive - Omaha
This position assesses the market potential of prospective accounts and meets with local businesses to learn about their marketing needs. The Account Executive achieves assigned revenue goals through sale of airtime, internet or other products and services to new and existing clients. This position also serves as an important station representative within the local business community.
Essential Job Functions:
- 55% - Sells advertising time and provides continuing service to advertising agencies and direct accounts
- Assesses the advertising revenue potential of assigned television and non-television accounts
- Conveys advertisers’ marketing needs to sales management, research, production and/or promotion in order to design a presentation which shows how the station can fulfill those needs with a television schedule, internet schedule, commercial concept and/or promotional event
- Maintains positive client and station personnel relationships
- 25% - Utilizes available published information about each assigned or prospective advertiser and their industry in order to approach advertiser with an educated sensitivity
- Makes presentation to advertisers’ key decision makers in written and/or visual form. Manages client-chosen solutions. Provides excellent customer service to clients
- 5% - Places a priority on the sale of special inventory, marketing events and/or production to increase revenue potential
- 5% - Adheres to stations’ credit and collection policies and procedures. Assists business office in credit and collection activities as needed
- 5% - Provides management with timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual budget forecasts. Maintains accurate records of individual list performance. Generates any additional station specific reports as required
- 5% - Maintains understanding of local market ratings, competitive media, station strengths, industry and product knowledge. Utilizes supplementary market research. Remains updated regarding industry trends through trade publications and marketing seminars
- Minimum two years media sales (TV, radio, cable) background preferred; other business-to-business outside sales considered
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Full understanding of current TV ratings
- Understanding of share trends, psycho-graphic research and programming philosophies
- Solid grasp of retail marketing concepts
- Some knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of competitive media
- Strong sales skills; ability to create effective sales promotions
- Good computer skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Adaptable and effective negotiating skills
- Well organized
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, competitive, fast-paced environment
- Good customer service skills and professional demeanor
KOHA, the new Telemundo affiliate in Omaha, NE seeks a superstar Account Executive. Are you a driven, passionate, highly competitive person who likes to win? Do you have the ability to own transactional business, a proven track record of new business development, and like to have fun?
We are looking for an experienced sales professional who understands the importance of new business development and enjoys the process. Our new account executive must be able to excel with some of the top advertisers in the market by showing them the importance of reaching the Hispanic community, the fastest-growing population in Nebraska. We offer uncapped earning potential with one of the fastest growing media companies in the country.
Candidates interested in joining our team should forward their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please!
Flood Digital Networks, LLC along with all our subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women encouraged to apply.